SWALLOWFIELD PARISH COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN
Click here to open the emergency plan
Launched April 2016.
The Swallowfield Flood Resilience Group with support from the Parish Council has drawn up an Emergency Plan covering the settlements in our Parish – Farley Hill, Riseley, Stanford End and Swallowfield.
The Plan ready for publication and distribution.
The Plan covers preparation and response should an emergency occur in or around the Parish.
Emergencies take many forms – such as flooding, storms, power failures, traffic accidents, fires. Emergencies can be dealt with more effectively if we are prepared and know who to contact and who can help us.
The Plan lists our Parish Emergency Wardens and details for the main emergency services (Berkshire Fire and Rescue, Thames Valley Police, Environment Agency).
If an emergency happens affecting us, we work very closely with the Community Resilience Team of Wokingham Borough Council.
Copies of the Plan are available from the Parish Clerk, also as a download document from the Parish website.
Please ask the Clerk for a copy of the Plan either by calling into the Parish Office, or telephone the Parish Office on 0118 988 5929 or email the Clerk at email@example.com.
The Plan is reviewed and updated regularly, so please do let the Parish Office know if you can help us.
· Do you have a 4x4 vehicle, tractor or heavy plant we could call upon?
· Could you help with rescue and clean-up activities, distribute supplies or sandbags?
· Do you have media or communication skills?
· Do you have a room or building we could use as a refuge centre?
· Could help provide refreshments, bedding, clothing to people displaced from their homes due to an emergency?
· Are you a trained First Aider?
· Are you a member of a voluntary organisation?
Roger Norris, Swallowfield Flood Resilience Group.
Please contact me via the Parish Office.
[+ go back...]